U.S. Small Business Administration's Office of Native American Affairs presents: 8(a) Business Development Training
Presented by Cherokee Nation Technology Solutions (CNTS) under contract #SBAHQ-13-C-0021 with the U.S. Small Business Administration Office of Native American Affairs. (SBA ONAA).
The purpose of this workshop and the follow-on technical assistance we offer is to provide operational and leadership strategies to build capacity, foster growth and expansion, and ensure sustainability of entity-owned businesses in Native American communities throughout the United States. The focus is on 8(a) Business Development and the unique rules and considerations for tribally and Native owned corporations and organizations including:
- Assisting you, as an applicant to the 8(a) Business Development Program, with decision-making and timing of application submissions
- Enhancing your understanding of eligibility requirements and the application process, specific to tribal or native-owned firms
- Clarifying requirements for success and defining your expectations as an applicant
- Improving the quality of your submission
- Enhancing your understanding of the program rules
This program is offered as:
- One-day instructor-led workshops. Located in relevant geographical areas for maximum Native American attendance.
- Web-based training classes. More comprehensive coverage of specific topics.
- Instructor-led web-enabled seminars. Self-paced training sessions will provide valuable insight to those in various stages of company development and ownership.
This training is available to all tribal or Native owned firms, representatives, or those interested in learning more about how to conduct business with the Federal Government. We invite those that are interested in learning more about how to develop a business within the SBA 8(a) program, those in the developmental years of the program, and those in the transitional years of the program.